The conference theme of HOPE challenged both of us to consider the future, contemplate our leadership model, bring a positive mindset to the world and the complex ideas of disability/ability, sustainability, diversity, forgiveness, Artificial Intelligence, technology, the role of schools in a modern world, the Christian message of Hope and how to interpret these world ideas in a contemporary Catholic primary school setting.
- Salute the Sun, collective bargaining for solar on schools
- Know your footprint on this Earth
- Make change now- every small change helps
Dr Jason Fox
- Momentum inhibits motivation
- Take stock/pause
- Quest beyond the default
- What is the new normal?
- Together we can stumble collectively towards progress
- Stop returning to defaults
- The pathway to irrelevance is littered with safe, prudent decisions.
- Celebrate small victories along the way
- Judge - meaningful progress versus delusional progress
- Value effort
- What are the rituals for meaningful progress?
- Progress in the face of hopelessness
- Never say never
- Follow your gut instincts
- Kindness overcomes everything- no matter how hard, devastating, debilitating
- Have you laughed today?
- What are you grateful for today?
- Be kind, forgiveness is strength
Tim and Judy Sharp
- See the person first, not the diagnosis
- Dream a little bit bigger, be a little bit braver, believe a lot and grow some!
- Test, Learn, Adapt (LISTEN)
- Doing good = Good business
- Doing good= Great for culture
- Optimise for happiness in your organisation
- Happiness + autonomy+ mastery + purpose = success
- Doing good = good for your organisation
- Honesty is the best policy
- Everything should be seen as marketing
- You should have a customer happiness team
- Be in the business of delight
- We can’t do this alone
- Technology on its own is not enough
- Schools are no longer FACTORIES!
- Think about the impact of AI, Wet Code, Dry Code, Digital Twins
- A crisis is a terrible waste if you don’t use it.
- The Pandemic has created a new world order i.e. hybrid, working from home and working on-site in a workplace
- Take what you already do and recreate it in a different way.
- Mark Zuckerburg is already operating in the Metaverse … we will be shortly
- You are in charge of dream facilitation!
Dr Catriona Wallace
- Hope is fragile
- Polarisation in the world, your tribe vs another tribe and their beliefs
- We also have Polarisation within our own tribe
- We need united Polarisation, opposing views coming together to move in the same direction (agree to disagree but to move with respect)
- The more diversity you have , the stronger you will be
- AI is here and will not go away. It is software that mimics human intelligence
- In the next 2 years, 85 million jobs will go and 92 million new jobs will be created but will those who lose their job gain the new jobs?? (Universal World Wide Income).
- In 10 years we will have brain chips
- Elon Musk is already developing the neural links
- AI can make things much more efficient
- Who will step into the digital world and who will stay in the organic world?
- The Metaverse is a 3D world that already exists. It allows all people to participate, no discrimination
- PWC and NIKE are just two of the many big companies already in the Metaverse